Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMSEDX.exe Unhandled exception

Hi there.

We are using QMSEDX.exe to trigger document re-loads from an external scheduler.
Prior to our recent purchase of a Publisher licence we were directly triggering the .qvw document and things were working well.

Following the purchase of Publisher we are now triggering the task and have started to get unhandled exception errors returned from QMSEDX.exe.

Typically we are getting
"System.ServiceModel.FaultException: System.Exception: Could not find a result for the specified execution ID"
or
"System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Message inspection failed"

The task is triggered and runs to completion on the server but evidently with the above problem we are unable to see this from the result of the QMSEDX job.
We only have a single QlikView server and the QMSEDX job is running on the same server.
Server OS is Windows 2008 R2 SP1 with QlikView v11 SP1

QV Support are suggesting the problem is with QMSEDX.exe (possibly not "thread safe"??) and since it is not a supported utility are unable to help.

Has anyone else seen similar problems and does anyone have any ideas?

Typical output from the QMSEDX job below.

Any help gratefully received!

Successfully started task with id/name=OMP_SDWH_QVDs

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: System.Exception: Could not find a result for the specified execution ID "d302bfec-f6c7-4232-866b-ed32ff2734ea"

Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at QMSEDX.QMSAPI.IQMS.GetEDXTaskStatus(Guid qdsID, Guid executionID)
   at QMSEDX.QMSAPI.QMSClient.GetEDXTaskStatus(Guid qdsID, Guid executionID)
   at QMSEDX.Program.<>c__DisplayClasse.<PollSingleTask>b__d()
   at System.Threading.SpinWait.SpinUntil(Func`1 condition, Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
   at QMSEDX.Program.PollSingleTask(IQMS client, Guid execId, Int32 pollInterval, Int32 timeout)
   at QMSEDX.Program.TriggerAndMonitorTask()
   at QMSEDX.Program.Main(String[] args)

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

David,   I am interested.    Please post the patch file.   

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try the attached version.

I have also applied some other patchs but the most important is that the qms param is just the server name, not the whole url. So use:

QMSEDX.exe -qms=<server name> -task="..."

(if launched from the server the qms param is not needed)

patchs:

- default timeout set to 24 hours instead of one minute

- change the qms param from URL to server name

- default TraceLevel set to Verbose

- retry on failure (3 times max, 10s betwwen each try)

Updated 2013-06-20: bug fixed when not using localhost

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the attachment.   How do I get the Java Class to get the source so we can make our own changes?   I've looked and can not find.  

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Java Class ? It's a .NET application. Original source code is available here:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2650

BTW I have updated my post to fix a bug in my version

Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

Can you tell me what you modified in your code or send me the modified source code? A customer is using your code but compiled for .net 3.5 so I want to recommend they implement those changes. Thanks

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi dragonauta,

Sent by email

FYI, I had a webex with R&D this morning and they confirmed me they fixed somme sockets related issues in the latest version (11.2) and indeed, with 11.2 SR2 I don't have any issue anymore (so far 😉

Not applicable
Author

Hi could I get your modified source code also please?

I tried using your new compiled QMSEDX.exe file; passed in the server name as the qms but kept getting an error that it couldn't connect to the URI.

Thanks!

Roz

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Roz,

See here for latest version: QMSEDX Enhanced

What is your errror message ?

Regards,

David

Not applicable
Author

cheers for that..

This version of the QMSEDX.exe works perfectly - however the source solution isn't in the zip file?

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Then you can mark my answer as correct 😉

I can add the source code in another file if you really want to