Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Continuous Reload

Hi,

I've been trying to find some sort of documentation from QlikTech about the new scheduling option in QVS9 where you can setup a QVW to be reloaded continuously.

What triggers this event exactly? How does this work? I am worried this may create a lot of traffic on our network.

It seems to be working nice... I added a record to my DB then alt-tabbed to IE and did a F5 Refresh and my new data appeared instantly.

Even thought the reload seems to be working I am receiving the following:

"Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'E:\qlikview_data\applications\Development\Test.qvw' because it is being used by another process. "

Any idea on what could be causing this? I know I am the only person working on that server and the file is only used by QVS and me working from another computer though the QV portal.

Thanks!

Steve

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I let the reload go through the night and received popups every 5 minutes until the server rebooted then I received the error once and it stopped.

This morning I went back in as a client and received the popup once again.

Why would QV allow me to setup continuous reloads but send me errors whenever a user goes in the application??? I don't quite get it...

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That properly means that you have the QlikView document open in QlikView while you are running the reload.

This can create a windows filelock, which gives some strange errors

Not applicable
Author

However I was hoping that since this feature is available in QVS that it would allow in it's own users (using web clients) without sending error messages / warnings.

Obviously if I were to open the QVW using QV.EXE I could be locking access to the file.

The continuous reload seems to be working fine, I wish I could get rid of these alerts...

Has anyone worked with this Continuous reload feature that could provide more information?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I haven't tried the continuous reload option, but have you unchecked "Allow only one copy of document in memory" in the server settings? I imagine you would need that off for this to work correctly.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the suggestion,

I have unchecked the setting however I still get a few error messages everytime I open the application from the QV Access point.

12/20/2010 1:55:09 PM Error Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Processes\PID_3752.dat' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at QVBWrapper.ProcessKeeper.Delete(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Process i_Process)
12/20/2010 1:55:09 PM Error The task "Development/Test.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=1

12/20/2010 1:58:04 PM Error The QlikView Engine PID file could not be created
12/20/2010 1:58:05 PM Error The document failed to open.
12/20/2010 1:58:06 PM Error Document could not be opened
12/20/2010 1:58:06 PM Error Reload failed because the document could not be opened successfully. DocumentState=CouldNotOpenDocument
12/20/2010 1:58:06 PM Error The task "Development/Test.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=4

12/20/2010 3:54:52 PM Error The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)
at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)
12/20/2010 3:54:52 PM Error Save failed.
12/20/2010 3:54:52 PM Error The task "Development/Test.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=2

We are running version 9.0.7469.8.

chandrasarva
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

Has anyone succeded in getting the continuous reloads. we have the same requirements and please share if you have any thoughts.

We are using 11 SR2.

Thanks in advance