Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV IE Plugin is reloading app every second

Hi,

We currently face the problem that the IE plugin keeps reloading the application once opened every second so that you can not work with it.

Our first guess was a mismatch between the server and the IE plugin version, but this did not solve the problem.

Any other hint what we could check to fix this issue?

Best regards,

Constantin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Within the qmc you could set which is the preferred client within the access point - by just clicking on the application:

If you choose the small link "view details" by the application you could choose your needed client from a list of available clients - which could be defined on application-level within the qmc:

- Marcus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

What do you mean with reloading - a reload of the entire datamodel triggered by macro, edx, server ... or some of the sheet-objects are calculating continuously?

Anything has changed on the OS or the IE respectively their settings? Any macros/actions are implemented in the application? Does this happens to only certain applications or all? Any changes within the application(s) - for example the use of now()?

- Marcus

michael123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

As Marcus said we need a little more information on what you mean with reloading.

If you are referring to Plugin constantly reconnecting to report without coming to opening there might be a problem with a user created object. Had a similar incident a while back where a user had created a table and (by mistake) put all available fields as dimensions. Found it by using the "Shared file viewer" in QVTools.

Regards,

/Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Maybe reloading was the wrong word for it:

It looks like it does restart the application every second when you started it on the Access Point with the IE Plugin.

So imagine if you open a normal website and then hit refresh every second. It is not related to any reload of data, in my opinion just the IE plugin gets refreshed every second.

No changes within the applications or OS or the IE.

The only thing that changed was the IE plugin.

It is working fine when just the IE plugin is installed, but whenever the Local Client is installed as well this issue appears again. Is there any way to make a setting which IE plugin version shall be chosen when opening an application on the access point?

BR

Constantin

marcus_sommer

This sounds weird. Do I understand it right that it worked with the IE plugin if no qv desktop client is installed and as soon the desktop client is installed it started the continuously recalculation of the objects?

Where do you try to open the application - within the native browser or by accessing the access point through the desktop client? Which releases of server, desktop client and IE plugin are installed and which was it before as it was working?

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes correct, it is weird.

We try to open it directly in the IE, so native browser.

QV IE Plugin version: 11.20.12904.0

QV Local Client: 11.20.13206.0

QV Server: 11.20.12913.0

Just the QV Local client is on a different SR and this seems to cause the problem.

As updating the client will take quite a long time within our company, I'm looking for a quick workaround if that is possible. Is there any setting in the client/server?

marcus_sommer

I don't think that there are any settings which could cure a possible incompatibility between different releases. If I understand it right the release of IE plugin has recently changed - couldn't you re-install the old release again? Or has also the release from the desktop client changed? What was the reason for those changes and especially why not changing the releases of all components?

Beside them - does it happen to all applications and was there any changes? Before playing with all the release-stuff you should exclude any other possible reasons.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not looking for a setting to cure incompatibility of the releases, but for a setting which allows to use the QV IE Plugin  and not the Local Client when opening an application on the access point.

We were not involved until the issue appeared and so also don't know why the release was changed.

However, can you think of any other reason besides the version incompatibility which could cause this issue?

BR

Constantin

marcus_sommer

Within the qmc you could set which is the preferred client within the access point - by just clicking on the application:

If you choose the small link "view details" by the application you could choose your needed client from a list of available clients - which could be defined on application-level within the qmc:

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks markus for your help!

I will dig a little bit more into this to see if we can solve the problem.

BR

Constantin