Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

QV Publisher

Hi All,

I am facing an issue related to DB performance i.e when i run the job through publisher the amount of time to load the data is extremely high when compared to my previous load times.QV publisher & DB both of them are in different loactions rt now.

So, i thought of moving the publisher or rather install publisher where my DB server exists.

I have few questions/Clarifications related to this.

1) Is this the right approach to fasten the data loads?

2) Can we install the publisher & Qv server in two different locations.If i install publisher in my current location where DB server exists is it is possible to store the qvd's to my QV Server .

Guys please give your suggestions/ideas .

Regards,

Shiva

2 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I don't think it is good practice to put any QV Server/Publisher pieces on the same server as your Database.  I think the workload could be too high.  However, you can definitely install the Server and Publisher on different servers. 

Have you looked at the application to see if the App can be optimized more?  Maybe there are cartisian joins, or loops, or maybe some inefficient formulas.

How long does the Publisher reload take, versus doing it manually?

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

There are no cartesian joins or loops in my QV Script as it is a step1 process where simply extracts the data from db & creates the QVD.

Both the Publisher & even Query Analyser both are taking the same time to reterive the records from DB.

Regards,

Shiva