Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server Monitoring Issue

Hello Guys

I want to know how I can look at my QV refresh schedule over a period of time.

So I have a set of qvws that are scheduled to run every hour. I would like to check if any of those refreshes failed over the past week or past month. Is there a way I can do that. I remember seeing something in QV Management Console.

Please let me know how I can check it.

Thanks

Riz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. In the QMC Tasks pane, select a task.

2. Click "Show Task Details" (found in the upper right corner).

3. Click the "Task History" tab.

You may also want to install the Governance Dashboard for ongoing reporting and analysis.

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. In the QMC Tasks pane, select a task.

2. Click "Show Task Details" (found in the upper right corner).

3. Click the "Task History" tab.

You may also want to install the Governance Dashboard for ongoing reporting and analysis.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob

Not applicable
Author

@Rob Wunderlich

Hello Rob

I have another scenario to that question

I have a Parent QVD Generator qvw that takes about 3 hours to refresh and upon its successful completion it triggers the refresh of 4 others qvws which pull data from the qvds generated by the Parent QVD Generator.

Hence my question is

Lets say my Parent QVD generator is set for an hourly refresh

I start my refresh at 10:00 am and it completes around 12:55 pm. Hence the other 4 qvws refresh are triggered at 12:55 and they simultaneously finish at 1:05 pm.

However in the mean time at 1:00 pm does the Parent QVD Generator qvw starts its refresh again (this time an incremental one and hence takes far less time and creates delta qvds). If it does start then is there a chance that any of the 4 qvws or its data might get corrupted if it happens?

Thanks

Riz

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should set up your schedule so you are not trying to write to a QVD that someone is reading. Problems can be failed reloads or in some cases corrupted QVDs. Off the top of my head I can't think of the scheduling trick for your scenario but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rob

Here is an approach that I have thought to address this issue.

1. I will disable the hourly refresh schedule

2. Then I will trigger each refresh manually via QMC

3. Once that is completed I will enable the hourly schedule back again.

This I believe will fix the issue. Because only the first refresh of Parent QVD Generator takes time and the other times this qvw refreshes because it is incremental it completes very fast.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sounds workable.

-Rob