Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server Upgrade Requirements

Hi Guys,

I'm about to upgrade our QV SR3 to SR5, I will be doing it for the first time and I just wanted to ask you what I would need beside the installers. I don't want to destroy our system, so my most important doubts are:
1. is QV installer "intelligent" so it will just upgrade the core and preserve the existing configuration, or will I need to configure everything from the scratch?
2. Will it recognize which components are installed?
3. What will I need to do or configure beside running the installer?

Our current QV version is: 11.20.12018.0 SR3 64bit for Windows.

In the list of QV services I can see the following:

SERVICE_NAME: QlikView Directory Service Connector

SERVICE_NAME: QlikView Distribution Service

SERVICE_NAME: QlikView Management Service

SERVICE_NAME: QlikView Server

SERVICE_NAME: QlikView Webserver

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Regards,
Pawel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Pawel,

The installer will upgrade you system without too much intervention. If you have more than one server you will have to run it on each server. The installer will see what is installed and only install what is there now.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Pawel,

The installer will upgrade you system without too much intervention. If you have more than one server you will have to run it on each server. The installer will see what is installed and only install what is there now.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill. I just wanted to be sure and not forgot about anything in case installer would require configuring from scratch.

Have anice day!
Pawel