Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Webserver not responding

Hi,

Apologies if this is a very basic issue I'm having. I've trawled the discussion boards but can't quite find the info I'm looking for.

I have just migrated a Qlikview 11 instance from a Win 7 machine to Win Server 2012. Everything looks OK so far - I have connected to a remote DB, documents are reloading, I can use everything locally (via RDC) fine.

The only thing I've failed to do is get remote QVWS access via a web session. I've tried this from a browser on the local server itself to exclude any firewall blocking remote connection issues but the page just times out.

I wasn't the admin of the original setup on the old machine so I don't know if there were any 'specials' that need doing to open up ports or anything?

The QVWS status reports running OK on the QMC.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tom

Labels (1)
16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

The WlikView Distribution Service (QDS) is the part of QlikView that reloads documents and distributes them. Might be useful to have that installed.

It sounds like you have a fairly poorly install there. The Access Point should be installed as part of the general install process and the component files can be found in C://Program Files/QlikView/web. Might be worth looking to make sure this exists.

The shortcut you discovered should just take you to http://localhost/qlikview/index.htm which, if you have the QVWS (QlikView web server) running, should accept the request on port 80 and return you the AccessPoint.

Were you following any kind of install guide for this? If so it might be worth un-installing and going back through it step by step to work out what is going wrong. Alternatively, as you have gone from a desktop OS to a server OS it might be worth checking all of the users/groups, permissions and file locations are still correct.

Cheers,

Adam

Not applicable
Author

OK let me recap.

-> QDS is installed and confirmed running

-> There is no web directory where you specified

-> As I said earlier, I have followed the QV11 migration doucment, however is does not cover Win 2012 (and one of you colleagues told me that there is no equivalent doc for Win2012 yet), so I have done my best to read between the lines. I think I've done quite well as everything from QMC is reporting ststus as OK, so it's just this final step for web access that I'm struggling with

Tom

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I just re-read my last - QDS is not installed (I had the windows installer bomb on me with that error in my first post). Let me try to get more log info for you.

Not applicable
Author

OK - here is my current status

I uninstalled the whole lot and reinstalled everything again (the normal Win2012 server 11.2 SR4 install, not the piece by piece install as specified in the Migration Guide).

I have rebooted the machine and checked that all the QV services are running - fine.

So, if, in a browser on the machine I go to http://localhost/qlikview/index.htm , I get a 404: HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

So, now that I have verified the DSC (in fact the whole install, as reported by the installer) is OK, what would the 'normal' steps be in order to debug the web side of things?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tom,

This kind of behaviour is usually caused by a conflict on the HTTP/ Port 80 service. Another service intercepts the call and doesn't know where the Access Point is. I know you previously mentioned that IIS is not installed but is there anything else that might be listening on port 80? Skype is a favourite for breaking this kind of thing as it is aggressive at getting access through any firewall and defaults to port 80. Other services also do similar tricks, including the windows service http.sys which binds port 80 and tries to manage it for you.

Also, do you get any response if you just browse to localhost as a stand-alone address? Is it any different with 127.0.0.1 or 127.0.0.1/qlikview/index.htm ? What about if you use the servers IP address in the address bar?

I'm afraid my Windows server management is fairly weak so if it isn't anything in this direction I'm not sure what it would be.

Adam

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

In the end I contacted QV support and the problem was traced to some 'old' config that was somehow screwing things up. FYI to solve it, we stopped the Webserver service, renamed the Webserver directory, then restarted the service. This caused the Webserver directory to regenerate and it worked after that. I still have some superfluous entries in my Windows firewall so I will delete these until it breaks then add in the last one.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot. It worked for me, when we are trying to move from 2008 to windows 2012