Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV ignores first sheet after upgrade to 11.20 SR6

We just upgraded Server and Desktop from QV 11.20 SR 2 to QV 11.20 SR 6.

After the upgrade, reports show a strange behaviour when opened on the access point:

The Thumbnail shows the first sheet of the report (document thumbnail is set to "opening sheet").

When we open the report, it starts with any other sheet but not the opening sheet.

We are using the first sheet for report information and every report has to start with this sheet.

It is not relevant if the last reload/distribute was in SR6 or if I reload/distribute it in SR 6.

Does anyone has the same issue?

And the important thing: has anyone a solution for this?

I am looking forward to your replies!

Labels (1)
15 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It sounds like session recovery is enabled and that you don't want this enabled. In QV11 you can uncheck the option Allow Session Recovery on the Documents tab in the QMC (System > Setup > Management Service > QlikView Servers > your_server > Documents).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

we do use the session recovery.

Nevertheless, a report should start with the first sheet when you open the report for the first time or when the document state is rese.

However, this behaviour is also appearing even when I reset the Document State.

Additionally, there are not macros or actions that switch to any other sheet.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Are there any special characters in the Sheet name?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use urls to open the documents directly instead opening them from the access point. See Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Usually, we use a formula to define the sheet name (due to translations).

I just switched it just to the word Welcome and nothing changed in the behaviour.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you remove all the data does it show? If it doesn't can you post the QVW without the data?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill

please find attached a sample qvw. For me and a colleague, this application starts on the second sheet when resetting the document state. For a third colleague, it works fine.

The issue only shows up in the access point, not in QV desktop with Webview.

The behaviour sometimes is different between users, even if they open the document for the first time.

Thank you for your help

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert

we are already evaluating the possibility to provide QlikView documents via our Intranet. However the access point should be available aswell.

Therefore it should work as usually on both platforms.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In AP (AJAX client), the document consistently opens on the correct sheet: the last one visited, or - after removing the document state - the first one. Tested with 11.20SR6x64.

Peter