Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV server & named CALs authentication

Dear all

I have a web based application, where a menu item generates a Pseudo URL that brings the Qlikview application to my end user.

I am using named CALs; Do you know a way that allow me to validate the end user identity by using only the PseudoURL, avoiding any popup window due our users already validate their credentials against my web application; please keep in mind they can connect to our web application from any PC with internet connection;

Thanks for your help,

Paul

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Paul,

With a pseudo-URL in QVP format at least, you can pass the following parameters: USERID, XUSERID; PASSWORD; XPASSWORD. You can pass usernames and passwords in this manner through your pseudo-URLs and authenticate directly. Note that if you do not pass these parameters, the logged-in Windows identity is assumed. See pages 185 - 6 of the QVS Reference Manual for more details.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad

Thank you for your reply; however I face same issue even when I use aplications with section access parameters(USERID,XUSERID,etc.) enabled in pseudo-URL. As mentioned before, error is linked to windows identity due the end users can login by any PC where no QV server windows credentials are provided.

I am currenty reading the server side authentication access in order to use tickets and then try to solve the issue.

Regards,

Paul

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I see. Have you tried adding the Windows account of the users into the section access of the QVW?