cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

QV server recommended settings in virtual environment

QV server recommended settings in virtual environment.

Does anyone have a link to that document?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

closing the discussion

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ioannis

I would not recommend using server virtualisation for running QV Server on.

QV Server needs significant dedicated RAM for its in memory analytics and exploits large scale caching to the extent that current virtualisation technologies are unsuitable.

I hope virtualisation technologies do mature over the next few years to the point where they are viable for QV Server, as I am big advocate of server virtualisation.

Best Regards,     Bill

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I wouldn't say that you shouldn't use VM's, but there are some considerations. In my experiences, they work great for initial projects, short-term projects or projects that have a limited lifespan.  They also work fine for small deployments.  RAM Consumption is something to consider and QVS is a bit of a resource hog.  That said, there are some considerations.   I can't find a link to the document, but if you give me your email address, I'll email you the document I have.

Nate

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hi Nate and Bill.

thank you for your answers, my feeling also that virtual server is not suitable for large projects. I have found the document, please find it attached in this discussion. If you have more info, please forward it to giannisg5@yahoo.com. I will keep this discussion open, the more info we gather the better.

Thank you.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

closing the discussion