Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV service off dutty

Hello evryone

I just installed QV server everything was going fine when I was configuring the QV management console,  until I cliked on satus -> services to find out that the QV server is 'OFF dutty' how do I make it into 'running'  status.

Thanks in advance

8 Replies
mls
Former Employee
Former Employee

On the Status > Services page, select the QV Server service (the one that is off duty) to see if there is any additional info. Might happen if you are using the same license on several QlikView Servers.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer, In fact when I  clik on the service off dutty there is only a message that says "Off duty".

I started the Qlikview management service with the computer manager, nothing has changed.

mls
Former Employee
Former Employee

Do you have other QlikView Servers on the same network that are using the same license? That would cause one of them to go off duty.

Not applicable
Author

when you say network do you domain? because if so , there is no one else  in  the domain I'm working on.

or else how do I know there is another computer using the same licence on my network?

mls
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a Power Tool that finds any QVS's, "Qvs Detector"

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3059

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I found twi Ip adresses on THE QVS detector, mine and another one, so you think that is why it doesn't work? so what is the solution then?

mls
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yep it is a license restriction. Unless your license allows several instances of QVS, this will happen.

So you would need to have a new license or you can only run one QVS at the same time.

You will need to stop one QVS to get the other one to work.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!