Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

QV services and section access

Hello

We have a QV server on which the local administrator is running the Qlikview services

Now we have documents in which we define section access

we created a task that reloads this document; however this document is not reloading unless we add the local administrator to the section access; while if we put in the section access part of the task the user name and pwd of users mentioned in document's section access the task fails

actually we don't want to let the local administrator to be able to open the QVW file cause in this way he can open the document which contain salaries and other sensitive data

please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Ali,

create a separate Login account that is used just to run the QV Services, this would normally be a member of the local administrators group and MUST be a member of the Qlikview Administrators group

HTH Andy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Ali,

create a separate Login account that is used just to run the QV Services, this would normally be a member of the local administrators group and MUST be a member of the Qlikview Administrators group

HTH Andy

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

the local administrator that we have is already in QlikView administrator group

but we don't want any of those to be able to open the document

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

That's why I said to create a NEW services account for the reload, add the new user into the section access script but do NOT add the local administrators account

Andy

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

ah ok

so the account that runs the QlikView services should be a service account not for login

this way we add it to section access but we are sure that no one will log in using the service account (from its name it's a service account)

Thank you

this is it

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Ali,

you got it!!

Andy