Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV services are down

hello,

I have installed Test Qlikview server. After applying server and publisher test licenses only QMS and QVS services are running fine. All services are running in services.msc tab but showing down in QMC status tab.

Please find attached screenshots for reference. Please suggest. Thnx in advance!!!!

QV server version- 12.0 SR2

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes andy. i'm sure.

One more thing i found out that when i use"localhost" in url of all services in place of Machine name/Server IP ,services starts to run properly.

Any suggestions on this??

View solution in original post

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try going through the troubleshooting steps explained in this video: Video - Understanding QlikView Server Services

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Harshal ,

find the attachment, hope it will help to resolve the issue.

R/Murali

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hello murli,

tried restarting services as per document. Restarted server also. but facing same issue.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is probably due to a permissions problem.

Make QlikAdmin a member of the Local Administrators group on your QlikView Server machine.

If you want to know what exactly is causing all services to run while some are unable to talk to each other, check for example the QMS log file. The QMS service should be able to talk to every other QlikView service in order for the QMC to work as expected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlikadmin is already member of both Administrator and Qlikview Administrator group.

Can you suggest how to check communication between services is happening or  not??

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

We already know that communication between some of the services isn't happening. That's why you get the "Disconnected" status.

Check the QMS log for further details. That log can be found in:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log\

Take the file with the date from the last service restart. It sohould contain complaints from the QMS about not being able to contact the DSC, the QDS or the QVWS.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Harshal,

are you sure that you selected 'Use Qlikview Administrators Group' when you performed the installation?

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes andy. i'm sure.

One more thing i found out that when i use"localhost" in url of all services in place of Machine name/Server IP ,services starts to run properly.

Any suggestions on this??

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you find the log files?