Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV take 4 min to open , it is cause by too many TAB or Screen ?

Hi All

I have a QV doc , which take about 4 min to open this doc.

This doc is reading many QVD table. and it have many QV screen.

From my experience. i aware that if i have too many TAB ( Screen ) QV will need to load all the data on the chart or table before it open the QV doc to allow user to use the program.

So if i remove the number of  TAB from 100 to 50 , it will speed up the loading.

So i think this is the disadvantage of QV ver 9 , it cannot take in too many screen ?

can some one help me to confirm on this.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Inline tables with no name gets some 'random' names. Maybe your version of your qvw is different from the qvw you´ve sent me.

Maybe now INLA6D1 does not exist anymore.

View solution in original post

34 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Only objects on the currently active tab will be rendered. However, a doc with 100 sheets is probably pretty big in its own right I'm guessing!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason

Thank you for your sharing. I have following Questions :-

1. what you mean by currently active Tab ?

2. it there a way to tell QV don't activate any current Tab ?

3. it the $synKey will not cause slow opening right ?

Hope you can share with me.

Paul

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When you say TAB, do you mean Sheet?

Not applicable
Author

Yes tab and sheet to me is same.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

1. Only one sheet can show at a time. Objects on sheets not currently active (on show) will not render so that shouldn't make too much difference.

2. Create a blank sheets and save the doc with that sheet active.

3. $synKeys you have not specifically planned for are generally a bad thing and can explode out your data model significantly. This could be your issue.  Can you post a screenshot of your data model?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason

I am very shy to post my data model here. As I only know how to add table and does not know how to remove the $sync key by create a link table. Also I did a lot of partial load to achieve my chart requirement. So I think this is the key issue. Now I need to work hard on this.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Paul,

Is your sheet having Straight/Pivot/Table box which are displaying huge data?  If yes, then restrict user to select the filters and then display those tables by using Chart Properties -> General -> Calculation Condition.

Check whether you are using any complex expression in the active sheet, like using Aggr(), Count(DISTINCT), IF() etc.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason

On yr point 2 , you said create empty sheet and set as active sheet , may i know where i can set to active sheet ?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Paul,

What Jason told is, just add one new sheet and save the file and close.  Now the open the file and check whether it is loading faster.

Regards,

Jagan.