Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 : Get the value in an Extension

Hi,

I've created a very simple extension that displays the version of internet Explorer in a Text Object.

This extension (written in JavaScript) can only display 2 values : "Internet Explorer 6.0" or "Internet Explorer 8.0" (no others versions available in my company). It works.

I would like to hide a Text Object when my object has the value "Internet Explorer 6.0" (using the "Show conditional" option) but i don't find any function able to pick the value displayed in my extension!

Thx for your help ! 😉

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Greg,

I'm 99% percent sure that it's not possible. But there are probably easier ways to do the same thing. Use the function ClientPlatform() which was introduced in v10. In AJAX, this should return the IE version. For example, with IE7, it returns MSIE 7.0. I assume in IE6 it returns MSIE 6.0 but you can check this yourself.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Greg,

I'm 99% percent sure that it's not possible. But there are probably easier ways to do the same thing. Use the function ClientPlatform() which was introduced in v10. In AJAX, this should return the IE version. For example, with IE7, it returns MSIE 7.0. I assume in IE6 it returns MSIE 6.0 but you can check this yourself.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

Thx for your solution. It works !!!

Bye.