Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

QV11 Server - Can't manually add USER Cal licence

Hi,

i'm using the new QV 11 SR1 server and i can't manually add people for USER CALs

My users use AD to authentify but i can't search in the AD directory. So i can't use the Search feature to add users.

Document CAL or Document Authentification provide a way to manually add a list of users, but USER Cals don't

anyone else with the problem ?

Thanks

9 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I would verify that your DSC is connected correctly.  It sounds to me that you don't have QVS correctly connected to AD, and that is why the Search for users doesn't work anywhere. 

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

my DSC is not connected correctly : i don't have a login/password to

browser the users.

BUT i used to add manually people and they can connect through AD .. i

just would like to add people without using Search (just like with

Document CAL)

Not applicable

I have the same sort of issue with QV11. We authenticate our users against our own service, so we don't have a formal directory configured with QlikView. In QV10, we just needed to type in the username for user cals and doc cals. Now, we can't do this, since these usernames do not appear in a configured directory.

Is there any way around this, so that we can manually enter usernames again?

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, i definitely call that a bug.

I have made a ticket but Qliktech doesn't seem to find this too annoying.

One way to do that now is to use the Qlikview Power Tools you will find here : http://community.qlik.com/message/215866#215866

There is a program to manage CALs through command line.

It's more complicated than the Qlikview GUI but you can use it in a batch.

It works but i'm still saying Qliktech has done something wrong with this new release ..

Not applicable

Just got a response from QV after logging a ticket myself, too. Sounds like this is getting fixed for the next release.

Jeffrey,

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. We have logged it with our Issue Analysis team - ID # 47554. This bug has been approved by Research and Development and will addressed in the next service release. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Warren Matejowsky
QlikView Support

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm happy Qliktech decided to admit it was a bug ..

xtrimf
Creator
Creator

looks like it is still not working...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It think this omission is by design (WAD).

Although some User selection screens do have a manual entry input field at the bottom.

Peter

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have just check this and it is working. See below.11.20 SR3-2014-02-10-11-02-21.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.