Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV11 Server Issues - Warning Execute error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Hi,

Please can someone help. I have a QV11 Small Business Edition set up.  Performance for the end users is great when Server Objects are not allowed to be created.  However when they are I have significant performance issues.  If the end user creates a chart and tries to bring up the list of dimensions then QlikView hangs and loses connection to the server.

In the log the error is:

Warning Execute error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Warning Session lost

Please can someone help?

Thanks

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as you and manage to solve it by configuring "exclusion rule" on the Anti Virus for all QV related files like qvw, qvd, shared, metal etc.

Regards,

Kho

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kho.  We tried that and it eliminated that error although the server can still be very slow when bringing up the dimension list.  We also changed the account that the QMC services were using to see whether than improved performance.  We are now raising a ticket with QlikView.  Thanks for the help!

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

How did u resolve this issue?

Regards

Mona

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mona,

Yes it is a known issue: Bug 63225 - AJAX - Internet Explorer and Repository: List of Dimensions for new objects times out/ hangs browser.

If you're not using AJAX, IE and 11.20 SR2 then you would not have been affected.  It was fixed in SR4.

Thanks,
Cathy

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Catherine for the information.

Not applicable
Author

Good morning

I have the mirmo error with 11 QV version SR12 .

What was the solution in this case ?.

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

For us it was fixed with the SR patch as we were only on SR2 at the time.  I'm not sure if it's a known issue with SR12.  Have you checked the AV as per Mona's suggestion?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I mean Kho's suggestion