Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

QV11 Server Logging

Hi,

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I could do with someone pointing it out!

I am trying to find out why a document is failing to reload using the QlikView Server but succeeds in the full client. Ok, so the user account is different for the logged on user in the full client and the server service but I can't yet get to the bottom of the problem yet as I have one to get over first.

I can't seem to generate a log file for the document that is failing to reload.

I have enabled logging on the QV Server (System tab -> Server Name -> Logging tab -> Enable Audit Logging)

I have enabled logging on the document itself (Document Properties)

I look in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer directory and no log files there and neither in the directory where the document itself is. One thing to note is that when I reload using the full client the logging works (although it is using a different user account to access the document I assume).

Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This appears to be a bug. I have found a bug logged that if there are spaces in a mount folder name the task will fail. Contact support and have them put a case in from you. Appears this will be fixed in SR1

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Not applicable

I am out of the office until 03/14/2012.

I will be out of office today for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). For any urgent request or escalation, kindly contact Nick-rcm Price or Jannette Lobemeier. Thanks

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - QV11 Server Logging" sent on 13.03.2012 16:55:47.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

--

Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Legend.

Not applicable

I will be out of office today for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). For any urgent request or escalation, kindly contact Nick-rcm Price or Jannette Lobemeier. Thanks

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: QV11 Server Logging" sent on 13.03.2012 17:05:44.

--

Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you using Server or Publisher to reload?  You might check in SourceDocuments if you're using Publisher.  Also, Publisher saves a copy of the document reload log in its log folder structure.

What version of QlikView Desktop/Server/Publisher are you using?

Not applicable

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: QV11 Server Logging" sent on 13.03.2012 18:55:19.

--

Not applicable

I had similar problem in QV 10 SR3. I expand shared memory area in register.

I did:

1. run regedit

2. find SharedSection (edit--->find)

3. inside you have - SharedSection = 1024,20480,512)  --- (512 or more)

4. right click--->Modify

5. last value-512 (or what you have) multiply by 2   (512* 2 = 1024)

6. if needed multiplay by two again....or more, demends how much memory you have.

Worked for me.

Not applicable

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: QV11 Server Logging" sent on 13.03.2012 19:06:02.

--

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

To start change the service accounts to your user account and see if that will allow the job to run. To get a document log you have to enable it in Document properties.

log.jpg

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Re: QV11 Server Logging" sent on 13.03.2012 19:32:23.

--