Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
dguillory
New Contributor

QV11 unable to edit QVW on server/access point

Hello,

I have created a QVW on my desktop and successfully deployed it to the QlikView Access Point server.  I am unable to edit any object on the server using Qlikview desktop but other users can (and some can't). Both instances of QV desktop are using leased licenses. I am thinking this is a security privileges issue, but I am at a loss as how to troubleshoot this issue.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: QV11 unable to edit QVW on server/access point

If you open a qlikview .qvw file in Qlikview Desktop with the Open in Server menu option then the document will be read-only. If you open the file with the Open menu option then you can edit the document. And if you have write privileges for the file system location where the file is stored then you can save it there after making changes too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
2 Replies

If you open a qlikview .qvw file in Qlikview Desktop with the Open in Server menu option then the document will be read-only. If you open the file with the Open menu option then you can edit the document. And if you have write privileges for the file system location where the file is stored then you can save it there after making changes too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
dguillory
New Contributor

Thank you Gysbert!  I never would have thought that would make a difference.

Community Browser