Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVMC9: Membership of local security groups is missing

Hey guys,

I just installed QVS9 on my Windows XP machine, and I run into this when accessing the Management console:

Access Denied: Membership of local security groups is missing.

The user is already part of the Qlikview Administrators local group and Administrators local group.

I tried uninstalling all Qlikview components, and then a clean install of QVS9. Not working.

All Qlikview services are running, except the Qlikview WebServer, which doesn't start, since there is no documents to be shared (my guess).

I found nothing that could help in the QVS reference manual...

From there, I'm out of ideas...

You're help is appreciated guys, as always, thanks.

Nicolas

28 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Open up the Windows Services Manager. Go to Start --> Run, type services.msc.

Look in the Log on as... column for all the Qlikview services. They should all be running as the .\Administrator account. This is usually set during the Qlikview Server installation when it asks if you would like to set up an account to access Qlikview's services. For some reason, only this account has not given me any problems.

Give that a shot, and if that doesnt work, I'm out of ideas too.

Yiling

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

I've swtiched all 6 QV services to run under local Administrator and still the same error.

I've noticed that IE is asking for authentication, as if it doesn't recognize my user (which is part of the QV Administrator), maybe that might shed some light on the issue.

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Not sure why this is not in the reference manual, i did a quick scan and did not see it :-), but you have to log out and log back into your machine in order to gain access to the management console for the first time.

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Yeah I read that in another thread here... and I did, still not working.

Thanks for the reply though.

Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi,

It's in the release notes for QV 9.00.7119 (found on the download site).

"If you use a service account that never has logged onto the computer, you will need to reboot to make Windows create that profile".

I've run into this issue before where I had to login as the account running the services, then log off, restart and log back on for this group to be created.

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply ...

I tried your suggestion twice, once with Administrator, and once with my account "Nicolas", and still the same result.

Not applicable
Author

What is your regional setting on your server ?

Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

This has been solved.

Restarting the 6 services in addition to what was said above worked.

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable
Author

Yes, thanks to Gustav here, it's now working. 🙂