Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVPR Corrupted

Hi All

I have an issue with a server I've inherited where I have loads of <Orphans> and cannot navigate the document structure correctly.

I'm thinking I have a corrupted QVPR and found the following steps to fix:

1. Stop all QV services from services.msc
  2. Rename the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR
  3. Start all QV services

My question is - will this delete all tasks?  Because what I really want is a fixed version but with tasks intact?

Thanks

Dominic

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dominic

These <Orphans> are merely Tasks that have had their corresponding qvw removed.  I reckon it would be safer to manually delete these tasks one by one.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

If only that were the only issue.  I am also unable to navigate the structure; folder appear empty when they're not.  Another issue I've had when I create a new task the task appears both against the document in the correct location and against the same document in the <Orphans> - but is actually the same task and said task refuses to reload because it says it cannot find the doc....  Quite a mess.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dominic

In that case I'd suggest you contact QlikView support.  I have often found then helpful in such matters.

I would suspect that your proposal to:

Rename the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR

Will either not sort it and may well be something you later regret doing.

Best Regards,     Bill

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you know the file name that the task was built on it is easy. In the source document folder just add a qvw with the old name. The task will move from orphan back to the task list and then delete it. Once you done that you can delete the qvw.

You should never delete or rename a qvw that has task assigned to it. Always delete the task first.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

You're preaching to the Choir.  But it's really corrupted - I have <Orphans> folders with no contents so I have no idea how to work out what was in there.  I have other folders that I know have contents that show as empty, even though I know they're not.  Its a bigger problem than just fixing orphaned tasks.  Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you have the backup enable you should be able to go back to a time frame that you know is good and start from there. Yes, removing the QVPR directory will delete all the task.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.