Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVPlugin and Excel 2010 doesn't works

Hello all!

I have the following: I'm using QV server v.11 SR2 and I have some clients with Windows 7 and MS Office 2010. They users have issues for export to excel. They have IE10 to run the QV plugin (because QVplugin cannot run on IE11 due compatibility issues).

UPDATE: I've recommend use Chrome instead of IExplorer, but export to excel doesn't works.

Could you provide any suggestion?

Thanks!!

Christian.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Generally it should work. It sounds more that some security settings don't fit. Maybe some ActiveX or Javascript is blocked or the extended protection mode is enabled.

- Marcus

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If running IE7 or IE8 do the following:

• Go to Tools - Internet Options - Security
  • Select the zone (Internet, Local Intranet or Trusted sites) depending on the location of the site you're connected to.
  • Under Security level for this zone, click Custom Level.
  • Under Downloads, locate Automatic Prompting for file downloads and make sure it is set to Enable

In IE9 this option has been removed from the GUI and needs to be set using a Group Policy.
For more information see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd565669(v=vs.85).aspx

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would look for issues with Group Polices or system settings. The plugin does work with IE11 and you should be able to export to excel using the AJAX client. To you have it enable on the server?

1.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

This feature was already enabled on QV Server.

We have three types of client environments

- +100 machines with Google Chrome (AJAX client) and Office 2007. All working fine .

- +10 machines with IE10 and QV Plugin with Office 2007. All working fine.

- 5 users with IE10 and Office 2010. In these cases, the QVplugin shows all documents normally, but when users select "Export to Excel" option nothing happens. I'm thinking that the QVplugin version (related to QVS v11 SR2 system) isn't compatible with Office 2010.

Any sugestion to solve this?

Many thank!!

Regards,

Christian.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Support for IE 11 started with 11.20 SR10. The release you are on isn't supported.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill for your quick reply.

Now, I have a last question: Do you know for releases that are compatible with Office 2010??. I need to know this in order to plan a future migration of our actual QV release.

Thanks,

Christian.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The earliest system requirement I have is for 11.2 SR2 and it shows the support for office 2010.

Bill