Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS 9.0 folders issue

Hi,

I've installed QVS 9.0 on a Windows 2003 Server R2, SP2, DataCentre 64x edition. The installation was successful. I've registered my license key, also successful. Then I've set the source directory in the QlikView Server Settings. Added some reload tasks and everything works fine.

Later on I discovered a type fault in the name of one of the QlikView source folders, so corrected it in the windows explorer. Then I've changed also the link to the source directory in the QlikView Server Settings. Applied the changes and no error occurred.

Today I logged on the QVS and al my reload failed, because the source directory doesn't exist...
Does somebody know why my source directory in the QlikView Server Settings didn't refresh? The reload tasks are all linked to the old name of the source directory.

Thanks for replying.
Greetz
Robbie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Got the solution. Just built up your reload batches again in the QMC.
The foldernames will be updated when running de reloads manually.
Unfortunately this won't go automatic.

Greetz
Robbie

View solution in original post

5 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Hi,

have you in your script hardcoded the directory, like

LOAD * FROM MyWrongDirectory\Excel.xls?

In this case you will have to go through all your files and adjust them manually.

HTH

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying. The source code of my QVW documents don't direct to any wrong directories.

By the way, this is the Latest log message from the QVS:

The document was not reloaded because the path "D:\QV_OTAP\WRONGDIR\Hours.qvw" could not be found. The task "Hours.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=1

Greetz
Robbie

prieper
Master II
Master II

Hi,

do you run scripts via batchfile or via Publisher?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Publisher

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Got the solution. Just built up your reload batches again in the QMC.
The foldernames will be updated when running de reloads manually.
Unfortunately this won't go automatic.

Greetz
Robbie