Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smoon63
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QVS 9 Directory Service Connector (DSC) stopping

I am setting up our QV9 Server and Publisher, and it looks like I've got something configured badly in the DSC. The DSC service has been shutting itself down at seemingly random intervals. Looking at the Windows Application Events Log, it is throwing the following warning roughly every 15 seconds:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: DirectoryServiceConnector
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 7/25/2009
Time: 5:12:07 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MyQVServer
Description:
(ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Exception while initializing LDAP://ourdomain.org: An operations error occurred.

I have also seen this message, which seems to correspond to a server restart:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DirectoryServiceConnector
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 7/25/2009
Time: 5:12:40 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MyQVServer
Description:
(LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Error setting up path local://qvserver: Thread failed to start.

Would having my Active Directory info wrong cause this?

Thanks, Scott

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smoon63
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The solution was to set up a Service account in Active Directory, put it in the Administrators and QlikView Administrators groups on the server, and set it to run the QlikView services. The account can log onto the QlikView server and run services, but it has no privileges outside the QlikView server machine on the network.

Hope this can help someone else!

Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

i was having the same

LDAP://XXXXX: An operations error occurred.

problem. The errors keep reoccuring and eventually can cause out of memory errors.

The issue with the LDAP error for me was that the account used to start the DSC service was not a domain admin account. The server i was installing QVS on was not the domain controller.

Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem. DSC keeps disconnecting for that reason.

2.2.2010 09:47:03.1748277 Information (LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Setting up path local://xxxxx

2.2.2010 09:47:03.1748277 Information (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Looking up RootDSE: LDAP://xxxxx.loc/RootDSE

2.2.2010 09:47:03.2529532 Warning (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Exception while initializing LDAP://xxxxx.loc: The directory service is unavailable.

Now i have changed the service user from local to domain user(which is naturally in Qlikview Administrators Group). Hopefully this will work.

smoon63
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The solution was to set up a Service account in Active Directory, put it in the Administrators and QlikView Administrators groups on the server, and set it to run the QlikView services. The account can log onto the QlikView server and run services, but it has no privileges outside the QlikView server machine on the network.

Hope this can help someone else!

Scott