Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS 9 - Off Duty - Will not turn on

Aargh.

Installed QV9 on a machine that has never had QV installed on it before. This is a VM image and is not connected to our network, it is running in a stand-alone mode (cannot connect to any other network. I enter the license and control number, see a Success message. Don't see an updated lef, and after the success message the license screen fields "blank" out. The server status shows Off Duty. The event log says "Cluster limit exceeded, going off duty..." This is not possible. There is no way it sees our other server. Just in case, I also shut down the services of that machine and it I still get off duty status and cluster message in the event log. Uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted a couple of times. Started with Local System then changed to a specific user account. Nada.

Win2003 Srv R2 SP2. All services are running (although distribution server and directory service both show disconnected).

Any ideas out there? Trying to prep a machine for an important demo on Monday.

6 Replies
smoon63
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I ran into the same problem while installing QVS9 on a new machine, but the new install was conflicting with our current production 8.5 machine. If your current server is on the same network domain as the one you just installed and is using the same license key, it will cause this problem. If not, I would check to see if someone else has a server installed on another server or workstation in the domain. I was able to obtain a 30-day temp license and when I entered it everything else worked fine.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Not applicable
Author

Nope, not on the same domain. It's in a vm image and in that image it is a completely different domain, and not even connected to the network. Something else weird is going on.

Thanks for the response.

Mike

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

had the same problem. Needed to change the user for the QV services to the QV admin user.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

The user I have for the service is in the QV admin group, is that what you mean?

smoon63
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I had to create an entirely new user with Admin privileges to run the QV services. I just called it QV_SVC and put it in both the QlikView Administrators group and the local Administrators groups on the server. I installed QVS without indicating a user, then went back, stopped the QV services, changed the Log On user to QV_SVC and restarted the services. Fixed lots of problems!

Scott Moon

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Scott!! This helped me too 😃