Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS Error_Failed to create QlikView Engine

Hi Dear Community!

I don´t have many experience managing the QMC, I só I will appreciate your advices.

I was looking for information about it, but without success.

Seldom occurs this problem: "Failed to create QlikView Engine".

It happens when the QVS run the programming tasks, and the process finish in Failed.

Please anybody could guide me? .

This is part of Log:

Information: Failed to allocate new QlikView Engine. Retrying! Max usage reached. Current usage count=2 of 2 (of type non-reader).

Information: Allocating new QlikView Engine. Current usage count=1 of 2 (of type non-reader).

Information: Max retries:5

Information: Attempt:01

Error: Failed to create QlikView Engine.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800705AA): No se pudo recuperar el generador de clases COM para el componente con CLSID {BE1F19B5-415E-11D1-934D-0040333C91CC} debido al siguiente error: 800705aa Recursos insuficientes en el sistema para completar el servicio solicitado. (Excepción de HRESULT: 0x800705AA). ||    en System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) ||    en System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) ||    en System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) ||    en System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) ||    en QVBWrapper.Document.<CreateQVBProcess>b__30(Boolean mutexCreated) ||    en SolutionGlobal.GlobalMutex.Lock(Action`1 action, TimeSpan timeout) ||    en QVBWrapper.Document.CreateQVBProcess(ILogBucket logBucket, Boolean createEmptyDoc)

Kind Regards

7 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

COM Error 0x800705AA refers to "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" (the same message is in your log, but my Spanish isn't too good, sorry)

Are you running out of memory? A QVB process (the QlikView Engine) needs memory to get started...

What release of QlikView Server are you running?

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Mí QV Server is version 11, release 12.

The OS is Win2008Server-R2

The server performance is showing in the attached imagen.

Thank you so much!

Server Performance.JPGe

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The screenshot shows that your QlikView server is extremely out of memory. 95% RAM usage as a continuous state is pretty dramatic. If you succeed in starting another process (RAM usage >99%), you may end up with a non-reponsive Windows desktop until the job finishes.

Add more RAM. Your machine needs it.

(You could also temporarily lower the Working Set Limits to free some QVS memory for reload jobs. But your end-users may not be happy with this as this will slow down server reponses in the AccessPoint)

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Dear Peter,

I appreciate your guide. It was very useful!

Thkns a lot!

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, that issue might be also related to the exhausting of the Desktop Heap in Windows for Non-interactive sessions. It's posible to allocate a bigger Heap (default is 768K), modifyng the Registry Key:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola, dicho problema también puede estar relacionado con el agotamiento del Desktop Heap para sesiones no interactivas. Es posible hacer una modificación en el registro de Windows para aumentar dicho Heap (que por default es 768K).

Llave / Registry Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows

Valor original / Original Value:

%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=\Windows SharedSection=1024,20480,768 Windows=On SubSystemType=Windows ServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3 ServerDll=sxssrv,4 ProfileControl=Off MaxRequestThreads=16

Valor modificado / Modified Value:

%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=\Windows SharedSection=1024,20480,2048 Windows=On SubSystemType=Windows ServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3 ServerDll=sxssrv,4 ProfileControl=Off MaxRequestThreads=16

Here are some links, with more information: / Aquí hay algunos links con más información al respecto.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/59965

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ntdebugging/archive/2007/01/04/desktop-heap-overview.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ntdebugging/archive/2007/07/05/desktop-heap-part-2.aspx

Not applicable
Author

Hola Eduardo, Gracias por el apoyo.

Lo que hice fue optimizar algunos de los modelos más grandes para configurar recargas incrementales. También se evaluo las caracteristicas de su servidor actual, el Sizing arrojó que esta limitado, por lo que se le sugirio al cliente adquirir uno con mayor capacidad de acuerdo a las especificaciones.

Te agradezco.

Saludos cordiales.

Dear Eduardo, Thanks for the support.

I optimized some of the big models to set up incremental charges. I evaluated the characteristics of current server too, and it showed that the Sizing is limited, so it suggested that the customer will purchase one with more capacity according to specifications.

Thank you so much.

Best regards.

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Glad to know you solved the issues you had. In my opinion those were good actions to take,

Regards

Me alegra saber que encontraste una solución, parecen buenas ideas las que implementaste.

¡Saludos!