Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QVSCALManager.qvw reload is getting failed

Dear All,

We are using Qlikveiw 11.2 sr10.

To analyze our CALs usage we are using the QVSCALManager.qvw utiliy from  dvasseur

Qlikview Server CAL Manager

Everything working fine and it is a great tool. Thanks a lot David for such a wonderful document.

I'm facing a issue only when I tried to reload the document using QMC TASK.

I can able to relaod it manually in the server remote desktop.

I'm using the same service account(used for Qlikview server installation)  to login to remote desktop . This ID is member of server admin group. Some how it is giving the permission related error (in task log when I checked, it is unable to override the existing qvw due to insufficient previleges) ending up with failure of reload task.

Please share your thoughts .

BR,

Chinna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

I have modified the script littile and moved the QVS Cal Manger qvw to other directory(not under program files) and reloaded the data.

As the service account is not having write previlege in Program Files directory and we cannot add our service account to Program Files due to our internal policy, I had to move the QVSCALManager to outside of the program files.

Thanks a lot for the document.

Best Regards,

Chinna

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What is the error message ? "unable to override the existing qvw due to insufficient previleges" would mean that there is some security issue at the file level (the Windows account used is not granted to overwrite the existing file => check your NTFS permissions)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

I have modified the script littile and moved the QVS Cal Manger qvw to other directory(not under program files) and reloaded the data.

As the service account is not having write previlege in Program Files directory and we cannot add our service account to Program Files due to our internal policy, I had to move the QVSCALManager to outside of the program files.

Thanks a lot for the document.

Best Regards,

Chinna