Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVW run fails in QMC

I have a qvw which has section access which runs fine from client tool on the server. But, when the same QVW is run from QMC it fails. I made sure i set up the section access management part in QMC with admin access for the service account.

I even tried creating task with the service account user name and password on the reload tab but it gives me this error.

errorQVW.png

i made sure i give

Domain\Service account

and password

But it still gives the above error in the log files.

Any thoughts and suggestions around what i can try different.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make sure you enter section access user name and password in the reload task settings, tab "Reload" in QMC.

Not applicable
Author

can you be more specific as to where i need to look for section access user name and password. Hidden script has only password. Should i be entering that password ? Sorry i am asking naive questions as i am new to this.

Not applicable
Author

Open the Dashboard. Click on File-> Edit Script and a new windows will pop up.

In the new Pop-up window Click on File and check whether "Edit Hidden Script" is grayed out or not.

If it is not grayed it means there is an hidden script in your dashboard.

To check if there is section access in your dashboard make sure no script  in the hidden script or Edit Hidden Script is grayed out and search for "SECTION ACCESS" keyword in your entire script. If there is "SECTION ACCESS" keyword it means that you are using SECTION ACCESS.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, you have to know it to open application.  If it is load inline in section access, you can see it in the script as v4shankar says.  But if you load it from a database, script is not going to help.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi I think Michael means here:

2014-05-16_1902.png

Use the admin account or account that runs the services.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, exactly this setting, thanks staffan Johansson.

Admin account or any account that is allowed to reload.