Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVWS 11 browser authentication

Hi,

In Qlikview web server 11, even when we select "default login( browser authentication) I get login2.htm page in IE browser only.

Is it a bug for IE.??? Because i am able to login from Mozilla firefox and Chrome..

Please help

Thanks,

Supriya

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Are users using the same credentials as the current one when logging to QlikView? Note that QlikView allows to pass on to the Server the current user credentials in some zones.

It's worth checking your IE settings, if possible, in Control Panel, Internet Options, Security, Local Intranet (or the zone where your QlikView Server is), Custom Level... button, User Authentication, "Automatic Logon only if Intranet zone" or "Automatic Logon with current username and password".

As opposed to Firefox and Chrome, IE is integrated into Windows, so if it's set to only identify when in the Intranet, then the site may ask for credentials.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Firstly, i am using default login(browser authentication) mode.

Users are using same credentials on Mozilla, IE and chrome. And the same credentials work on Mozilla and chrome. But for IE following issues are observed:

1. when i click https://servername/qlikview/index.htm . It redirects me to https://servername/qlikview/login2.htm

2. When i enter credentials on this page then it gives Login Failed.

Why is this happening ??

Thanks

Supriya

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Supriya,

Which version of IE are you running? Do you have as mentioned above the automatic logon enabled?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

IE 9 .. I have turned on "Automatic logon with username and password".

I have also tried by turning on "Automatic Logon in Intranet zone"

Thanks,

Supriya

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Does that happen in a new fresh installation of QlikView or this version has been an upgrade from a previous version? Does it always forward you to the login2.htm ? Did you try using the alternate login page for IE?

Miguel