Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVWS services running yet not listening on port 4750

Hello

Have installed on a Win 2008 Server R2 just the QlikView Webserver via the custom install from the QV Server Installer 11.2 r8

After reboot QlikView Webserver is running fine as a Service.

However I can't connect with my QMC, on different computer that is running QV Server, to that QV WebServer on a separate box.

However I noticed that on the QVWebServer computer, port 4750 is not "listening" when performing a netstat -noa

Should I not see port 4750 as a Listening port if QV Webserver  is running on that computer.  Nothing else is conflicting with port 4750.

---------

Something like:

TCP    [::]:4750        [::]:0      LISTENING   4

I'm just trying to setup a separate QVWebServer on a separate box using SSL cert as the preferred authentication instead of using Windows Active Directory.

TIA

My best

Stoney

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Giuseppe_Novello

Stoney,

If you are NOT seeing the port 4750 listening on the webserver machine, that means it something blocking it. You should see that the port is listening and a PID = 4.  Can you try to do a CMD> telnet <hostname> 4750 and if you see a cursor and black screen, that means port is open. I also notice you are doing a netstat -nao , can you try instead "netstat -ano"  and look for port 4750 and look for the PID and if the PID is different than "4", go to task manager> processes and/or services tab> look for the PID column and locate the PID/ process that is using port 4750. ( if you do not see the PID column, in the task manager go to "view">select columns...> check "PID(Process identifier)> ok) 

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik