Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Server license

Hello

I have  100 user cal qlikserver license and I need to setup 4Window servers. What do I do?

Can I break the qlikserver license in 50, 30, 20 for each server?

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, I don't think you can do this on your own.

I would suggest that you contact your partner or Qlik sales rep to discuss the best solution for your setting, swapping your license into 4 server licenses or maybe a cluster license or something else.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you want to break license on multiple servers you need additional server license to build a cluster.

With one server license you only can split the services (distributor, management, webserver) to different server

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I don't understand. You mean I can split my current license without contacting my qlik partner? how do I achieve the cluster?

Not applicable
Author

what is cluster licence? I have Qlikserver installed in 4 window servers already. and have 1 qlikserver license with 100 user cal

Kushal_Chawda

I think You need a Qlikview server cluster license which supports 4 nodes i.e 4 windows server. In this case also you will not be able to break the licenses. Please refer below link to setup cluster

QV Server installation & Setting up Cluster

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

you can split the services for one QlikView envoriment.

You still have one server for web server or for distribution, but they don't share ressources.

Check link from Kush141087 for setting up cluster

Regards