Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik View Enterprise Management Console

How do you remove/delete a task in Qlik View Enterprise Management Console.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

Typically you would find the document that the task is attached to in the Documents list and go to the Reload tab. From here you can disable the task.

However, there is a slight issue if you have deleted the document from the server before removing the task - as the document does not appear in order to allow you to remove the task. If you are in this situation create a dummy document with the same name as the old deleted document and place it in the location of the old document. After a refresh in the Management Console (F5) it should then be possible to remove associated tasks before removing the dummy document again.

In QV10 there is a link from the status page to edit the details of each task - however I have not attempted to see what that does if the target document is missing.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sumski

You may have to go to the directory where published and delete the actual .qvw, .shared and .meta files and that usually works, but not always.

Kal

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

Typically you would find the document that the task is attached to in the Documents list and go to the Reload tab. From here you can disable the task.

However, there is a slight issue if you have deleted the document from the server before removing the task - as the document does not appear in order to allow you to remove the task. If you are in this situation create a dummy document with the same name as the old deleted document and place it in the location of the old document. After a refresh in the Management Console (F5) it should then be possible to remove associated tasks before removing the dummy document again.

In QV10 there is a link from the status page to edit the details of each task - however I have not attempted to see what that does if the target document is missing.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve

munirche
Contributor II
Contributor II

I did just as Steve indicates but still can not manage to delete the task from console. Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot.

M

dwh1104
Creator II
Creator II

FYI -

In QV10, you must remove the task before deleting the document.  Your solution to create a dummy document with the same name worked for me.

Thanks,

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Steve!

Used your solution to get rid of a scheduled task that was bugging me!

//Joakim

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

Awesome, thanks!