Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView 10 SR1 Installation problem on Server 2008 64bit

Hi:

I installed QlikView 10-SR1 on Windows 2008 server (64 bit). The installation completed fine, but I could not access both the management consoles. Unless these two start there is no way I could apply the license.

Further I checked the services and found that the QlikView webserver stopped. Tried restarting that and it dies again. Changed the logon user to local, it started but still could not access the consoles.

The Windows firewall is ON and port 4780 is open

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Kamaraj

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Kamaraj,

The user you have looged in as must be in the Local group "QlikView Administrators". The user running the services is recommended to be an administrator (at least local adminstrator). Is that running fine?

What does the Windows Event Viewer says?

Hope that helps.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Raj

First of all the user what you are using for qlikview must have administritative privilage.

Secondly After instillation just restart your Pc once its always recommended to that.

Then try to logon to QEMC.

Hope this helps.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

if the qlikview webserver dies it is probably because there is an other service which use the 80 port.

Do you have IIS or Skype or any other web server (TomCat ...) running ?

Thanks could explain why your web server is not starting.

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Even I faced the same issue . but resolved further by stopping service of IIS Admin. try this hopefully your issue will be resolved

Regards

Himanshu Sethi

Not applicable
Author

I am trying to install QlikView Server 10 on Win 2008 x64 OS running on HP DL385 G1 server. I am planning to install server and publisher on same server. When i start the installation i am getting back the following error and terminate the installation. I did not see this information on Server Ref guide.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 "Installing Qlikview Server on a domain controller is not supported"

I would appreciate your help.

Not applicable
Author

Is the server the domain controller? If so it looks like qlikview cannot be installed on a domain controller server. I would recommend a dedicated server.