Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView 11 Root Folder issue

Hi,

I have a question about QlikView 11.20.12664.0  and how it stores the distributed documents.

I’m wondering why it creates a folder called Root Folder ?

Because under System -> Setup -> QVS ->Folders   we specify a folder for Root folder

Example:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents

But after we run the Loop & Reduce on a document the system creates a folder called “ Root Folder” inside our Documents folder !! why ?

And at the moment it creates duplicate, 1 inside Documents and another inside Root Folder

Is this something new in QlikView 11 ?

Thanks,

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I encountered this problem on a much earlier upgrade. The problem was due to a corrupted distribution specification for the task. Go into the task def for one of these tasks. Check the Distribute setting and make sure it is set to the correct folder and server. Even if it is, set it again and press the Apply button.

In my case, the tasks were found to have a folder setting  called "Distrib" where they should have been using the Root. I used the QVPR analysis tool to find all tasks using folder Distrib and corrected them using QMC.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the feedback.

It worked on couple of documents, I just deleted the Dist path and re added it.

But i'm wondering how the distribution got corrupted.... was it from the upgrade !!

I'm going to use the QVPR tool and see what I get.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

I'm trying to use the QVPR tool but its not working.

I created the task for it and when I view it, it asks me for the path of the QVPR.

I set the path and hit Reload.... but nothing happens.

thanks,

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Make sure you have the latest version (1) from http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/qvpr-analysis/

2. Don't create a server task for it, just reload it from your desktop.

3. It may be easiest if you take a copy of the QVPR folder from the server c:\ProgramData\ManagementService\QVPR to your desktop. An easy way to do that is copy over one of the .zip files from the QVPR\Backups folder and unzip to your machine.

Let me know if this helps.

As to the question of how the dist got corrupted, yes, mine happened during an upgrade. I never pursued the problem, just fixed it. I've done many upgrades and that is the only time I've experienced that problem. It was in a clustered QDS environment. Do you have more than one QDS?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much the QVPR Tool it's working now.

regarding the root folder issue, i'm going to the Distribute settings and making sure it is set to the correct folder and server. deleting whats there and re-adding it.

we only have 1 QDS

thanks,