In early September we upgraded to QV12.2 SR5. We have not had any issues with users to date. Today I was looking at the Governance App and noticed a very high volume of event warnings. I have roughly 8000 per server and there are two servers in my cluster. I did not see these warning before we upgraded from 11.2 SR16 to QV12.2 SR5.
The PGO files and deployed applications are located on a separate Publisher server and the PGO files are in the root folder. The root folder in configured as a UNC path in the QMC settings.
Warning PGO: QLoad failed. Failed to load latest data from file: \\JXNADMQVCN01\QVE\Production\Deployed\QlikViewPGO\CalData.pgo
QlikView Server service will load PGO file information into memory on regular basis, to minimize need to read PGO file every time when information is required. The warning message indicates that QlikView Server service was not able to load the current settings details form a PGO file. There can be several reason for why this would happen within a deployment. The server service will retry synchronizing with PGO file information later, and the warning will automatically resolve over time. There is no need for action from server administrator.
Warning messages generally do not display an actual problem, so it is not a symptom of a error. Warnings can be valuable attributes when analyzing and troubleshooting problems. If the QV environment is experiencing problem, this should be reported to Qlik Support along with complete sets of logs to enable resolving the real problem.
Architecturally speaking, larger QlikView Server/Publisher environments store the Root folder/PGO files on a highly available SAN storage, as there are multiple read/writes occurring between QVS and the PGO files per second.
Initially we had our deployed content and PGO files on a DFS share while on 11.2 and experienced stability endless PGO error causing stability issues. To solve the stability issues we moved deployed content and PGO files to the Publisher server supporting the cluster and our PGO stability issues were resolved. This was the direction we were given by Qlik support.
As for Antivirus I will need to check. AS part of our guidance from Qlik we did make sure the deployed folder was not being monitored however we migrated to a new Antivirus platform a month or two ago about the same time we upgraded to 12.2
Thank you both for your input and I will update this post once I have checked our Antivirus settings.
If you want to delve deeper, you can configure the QVS Events log to debug mode by stopping the QlikView Server service and editing %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini, adding Verbosity=900 and SystemLogVerbosity=5 under the [Settings 7] heading. Then restart the service and let the logs collect for a bit and then have a look to see if there's more information available.