Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView - DataWarehouse/ETL-tool with SAP

Has anyone got experience with SAP using a DWH (and ETL tool), and using the DWH as source for the QlikView??

At this moment we have a discussion here about using a DWH and if the DWH which is in the house is useable.

Has anyone got experience with Exasol (DWH) and TalenD (ETL) ... and this in combination with SAP.

And what are your ideas about using a DWH and using QlikView only as visualisation tool??

2 Replies
andres_corredor
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Anita,

Just wondering if you are using any other tool for warehousing now? I am asking the same question you had, I am not sure if it will be better has SAP BW (for example) as warehouse solution connected to QlikSense and QlikView for visualisation mainly?

Anyway, I'll post you this link https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_SQL_Connector_help/Content/6.1/Introduction/SA..., just in case you are still exploring this.

Thanks and regards,

Andres

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We decided to use the Exasol/TalenD combination between the SAP system and QlikView.

SAP is not the 'easiest' source to retrieve data from ... we have also a lot of user-specific stuff going on in our SAP environment.