Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Desktop client crashes when trying to create a new server sheet object

Hey,

I have the following problem. When I open a qv document using the "open in server" feature and try to create a new sheet object, my QV desktop client crashes. On the other hand, using the web front-end, I'm able to create sheet objects on the same document.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Qv.exe

Application Version: 11.20.11643.0

Application Timestamp: 50c0dabd

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17114

Fault Module Timestamp: 53649e73

Exception Code: c0150010

Exception Offset: 00000000000af244

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1053

Additional Information 1: f2e3

Additional Information 2: f2e312509ee16cfcfe73958fede6820c

Additional Information 3: ab88

Additional Information 4: ab8894af0dfeee29ac3d83beff76590a

Has anyone had a similar issue or could anyone point me to a right direction? The QV server version is 11.00.11154.0 but the client is 11.2. Could this be causing it? I'm happy to give more information if needed. Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To start I would upgrade to the current version. You are on 11.20 IR . Also, I would upgrade the server also. They client and server should be on the same version. The reason is the newer client has features the server doesn't support.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To start I would upgrade to the current version. You are on 11.20 IR . Also, I would upgrade the server also. They client and server should be on the same version. The reason is the newer client has features the server doesn't support.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes this is very old version of Qlik.

Try by upgrading it to latest version.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion Bill and Ashfaq, upgrading the server resolved the issue.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Cheers