Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Document Administrators - still required?

Hi

I'm setting up my QV server and have a query regarding the use of the QlikView Document Administrators group. I'm following the instructions detailed here http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2538

Is this group still required under the current version of QV, or do all the existing post apply to previous versions.

I have a developer who I assigned to this group to give them the appropriate rights.

Subsequently I have removed them from the group and they can still access the QMC and perform the relevant management tasks.

So is this group still required?

Rob

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The Group is still needed if you want to Users to have access to only specific Documents who are not QlikView Administrator.

If all users are QlikView Administrator, you don't need this Group.

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

imho the group is actually not required anymore.

There is an article available " https://eu1.salesforce.com/articles/Basic/How-to-set-up-Document-Administrators?popup=true "

/olli

Not applicable
Author

Dear Olivier,

I am interested in your article but I cannot acccess the link?

Regards,

Koen

Not applicable
Author

Unbenannt.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thank you

Kind regards

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Oliver Berger <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes QlikView Document Administrators group is still required,unless there is not user other than qlikview administrator

qv_jagan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Adding users to QlikView document administrator under users and groups does not provide access to QlikView  managent console.

Also adding user group created under a domain will only provide access to QMC but the administrator cannot view anything in QMC.

Document administrator access can only be given by adding specific users under

User Documents

QMC->System->QlikView  Servers -> Choose Server -> Folder Access -> Whole Server -> Document Administrator (Right side).

Source Documents

QMC->System->Distribution Service-> QDS@Choose Server -> General -> Source Folder -> Document Administrator (Bottom middle).

I tried checking it by adding Groups to QMC with QlikView Document Administrator Privilege, QMC was opened but it did not show up any things.

Thank you