Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilippeMotillon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView IPAD App. Connection problem with the server

Hi ,

I have a QlikView server installed on IIS. The qvajaxzfc connection is configured to allow anonymous.

When I enter the QlikView Server Address on the IPAD , I get the following message

Error contacting the Server

Does anyone has any idea on hoe to solve that issue ?

Thanks

Philippe

Labels (2)
7 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

What QV version? QV12 isn't compatible with the ipad apparently

PhilippeMotillon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi have the same ptoblem in QV11.2 and QV 12 .

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I did get this working with 11.2 but it was a PITA to do, V12 is just not possible

have a read here of the various things I tried (these worked on V11)

ipad app connectivity- Can't connect to server

Not applicable

I've hit this same problem with v12.  It was working fine in v11.  Using a network trace on the traffic and viewing the Windows Event log it seems the issue is due to improved Request.Form validation in the .NET library.  I can get this to work if I disable the .NET form validation.  This article on StackOverflow covers the basics: asp.net - A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client - Stack Overflow see the response mid way down showing the adjustments to the web.config file.  This seems to only be necessary for the QvAJAXZfc virtual directory in IIS.

Note, this is only a work around.  I don't believe it's a good idea to disable the automatic validation.  I plan to raise a support ticket with Qlik.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Nice!

We logged it with Qlik and were just told that the app isn't supported in V12

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Just trying it on our QVWS (obviously no .net) and it does seem to connect, I get prompted for a username & password at least! (but then it fails)

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Yeah works fine with QVWS