Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

QlikView Publisher Tasks Do Not Trigger As Expected

Hi,

We're having a weird issue where tasks in publisher just don't execute. It's only dependent on a single task. Once that task completes, it just doesn't do anything. Running the task manually works. This seems to be happening randomly as we haven't been able to identify any particular task that's having the issue.

We're currently running QlikView November 2017 SR3.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,

Scott

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What kind of trigger did you define for the second task (the one that refuses to start)?

No funny messages in the TaskLog of the first task?

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

It's a standard Task Finished Trigger. I never thought to check the log of the preceding task. I'll have to do that next time.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't understand. The QDS keeps all execution logs of the last 30 days. In a more recent QlikView Server version, you can check those logs in the QMC (both DocumentLog and TaskLog), so if you have access to the Management Console, you can do it immediately.

Note that a TaskLog is not the same as a DocumentLog.

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

We don't have the instances documented, so I'll have to go digging through the system to figure out the last time it happened. It's happens at random times with random tasks (as far as I can tell).

lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi. So we had two instances of this occur over the weekend. In both cases, I checked the Task Log of the preceding task and saw no cause for concern. It explicitly said that the next trigger was being notified. But the next trigger did nothing.

Thanks,

Scott

phreesia_qv2
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hey Scott,

Your issue is very interesting, we're seeing the same thing.  The thing that's really strange is that the trigger works fine Sunday-Friday, but it doesn't work on Saturday.  Every Saturday now for several weeks, the preceding task finishes successfully, and says it's triggering the "problem" task, but the "problem" task never executes.  No error messages, no notifications, nothing.

I see this post is seven months or so old, so I'm hoping you've solved this and can shed some light.  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bret