Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanika_gakhar
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView QV12.30SR3 - QlikView Services going "off duty"

After moving from QV12.10 to QV12.30SR3, we have observed that the QlikView Service on two of our windows application server is going "Off Duty" on QMC whilst when we check the services are running fine on the actual application server.

Note: We are using the infrastructure where we have 6 Application Virtual machines, 1 publisher and 1 File Server. All the QV services are set as "Automatic"

The Event viewer on the Windows Server shows a message "Init: The initialization process failed. Cluster Count (7) Exceeded, going off duty"

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Understand there is no additional QVS in the particular cluster that is throwing the message, but what Sonja was trying to explain is if the license has been used in another environment in your company with a different QMS/QMC, that will cause the issue as well, so you need to be sure nobody has used the same license key in another environment as well. 

The only other thing of which I can think are some known issues we ran into related to IPv6 causing some issues with environments thinking there were more nodes running than there were.  For this one, I would recommend you open a support case, so we can dig into things with you on a WebEx.  

The defect reference for this issue is QV-16657 and is titled Cluster join denied, QlikView Server OffDuty for IPv6.  The fix is contained in 12.40 SR1 and 12.30 SR3.  

That is about the best I have outside what we have previously suggested.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

The error message indicates that you exceed the amount of QVS nodes you are allowed to have according to the license.

In specific it is mentioning that it fails at count 7. How many cluster nodes does the server allow? Have you ensured that no extra QlikView Servers (QVS.exe) are active somewhere?

This article might help: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002598

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did Sonja's post help you get things resolved?  If so, do not forget to return to your post and use the Accept as Solution button on her post to give her credit for the assistance and let other Members know this was the issue.  If you want to provide details on what had happened, that would be good as well but understand if you cannot.  If you are still trying to sort things out, please leave an update for us.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
kanika_gakhar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We have a total of 6 servers in a cluster and our license key too has 6 Nodes. There is no additional QVS.exe added to the cluster / using the same license key

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Understand there is no additional QVS in the particular cluster that is throwing the message, but what Sonja was trying to explain is if the license has been used in another environment in your company with a different QMS/QMC, that will cause the issue as well, so you need to be sure nobody has used the same license key in another environment as well. 

The only other thing of which I can think are some known issues we ran into related to IPv6 causing some issues with environments thinking there were more nodes running than there were.  For this one, I would recommend you open a support case, so we can dig into things with you on a WebEx.  

The defect reference for this issue is QV-16657 and is titled Cluster join denied, QlikView Server OffDuty for IPv6.  The fix is contained in 12.40 SR1 and 12.30 SR3.  

That is about the best I have outside what we have previously suggested.

Regards,
Brett

kanika_gakhar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Many thanks for your response. We are using IPv4 and are still seeing this issue. Thus I have raised a Support case with Qlik to get help in investigating the issue.

Albert_Candelario

Hi all,

Another point I would like to suggest is to review the setting.ini files from the QVSes node to see if any extra row has been added wrongly on it at the end of the document. This might lead to those issues as well as per my experience.

Cheers,

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
kanika_gakhar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We have disabled the IPv6 from all of our application and publisher servers. We haven't seen the "Off Duty" issue since then, but we have still kept our servers under observation for this issue.