Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server Issue

Hello everybody

I would apreciate some help from you.

I develop my QV application on my PC as follows:

1. I have one load application which generates the final QVD file.

2. I have another application where I finally show the dashboard and the information my company want to see.

I used to connect to the server to get a licence and start developing. From the beggining to the end evithing is OK, but recently we are having some problems.

When I copy my two apps and all my QVDs to the server and I execute opening the files those file run succesfully and generates the QVDs. When I execute from the web-app (where are scheduled in cascade) the load file executes OK but the final app fails.

I´ve got this message:

01-02-16 8:08:39 AM Error The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at QlikView.Doc.DoReload(Int32 _Mode, Boolean _Partial, Boolean _Debug) at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog)

01-02-16 8:08:39 AM Error The task "Apps/Supply/Supply.qvw" failed. Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The sourcedocument failed to reload.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at QlikView.Doc.DoReload(Int32 _Mode, Boolean _Partial, Boolean _Debug) at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog) at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult) at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Please, any advice to solve this problem.

NOTE: recently, the Active Directory administrator made some changes about the permission.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You got me wrong, or I didn't explain myself all too well (probably the latter, it's getting late overhere)

What I meant was this: imagine that your problem is with a dashboard called DashboardABC.QVW. Whenever it fails to reload, check the file permissions (properties->security). Then perform your standard trick to open-modify-save the document and check the DashboardABC.QVW file properties again. Any differences between before and after?

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

17 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you checked that the QV service user account that runs the reload is added correctly to section access table?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Swuehl,

Would you explain your recomendation? Please.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume the application that fails reload is having a section access applied. True?

If you reload on the server, the QV service user should be added as user to the section access table. I understand that your admin has changed something in AD. If so, I would recommend looking at this user and settings in the section access table.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Swuehl,

We have verified all your recomendations and all the settings are as you said.

We noticed one more thing.

When the app fails, I open the file and do change something (move an object, comment some part of the code, or another minimal change). Then I run again from the QV and/or the Web-App everything is OK, but the next scheduled excecution fails.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Diego,

Are you saying that if you reload it manually outside of publisher that it works but publisher consistently fails for this dashboard?

If so Does the QV Service account have access to write to the destination directory where it is being published?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Dan.

Yes, if it is executed manually, it´s succesufully, in the other way constantly fails.

The service account has Administrator access.

I have checked all settings and everything looks OK.

It fails only for this app, Others executes normally.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Diego,

Can you login to the server as the service account and open the dashboard and reload?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe it's not a bad thing if you could tell us what exactly the AD Administrator changed about permissions...

Not applicable
Author

Dan,

Yes I can access as QV Administrator, if that´s what you meant.

When fails in both ways, I open the app script, comment part of the code, and executes normally. Then remove the commented script and executes normally again in both ways, runs successfully.

When the server executes in the scheduled time, it fails.

Running from QV and fails, I have no ERROR or something, just "The script has failed, would you like to return the preious data?"