Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server (SBS) 10 SR 1 looses licenses (CALs)

Hi,

I have a problem with licenses for SBS QlikView 10 SR 1 at one of our clients. For unknown reasons the license disappear from the server after some time and then have to assign them again. Once they disappeared, scheduled reloads fail and users can't work with applications.

It's on Windows Server 2008, 64-bit.

It's urgent. Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

it is corrected in SR2. We have installed 10 SR2 QlikView Server and also set a specific space for virtual memory (because there wasn't) and it seems to be OK.

There was some issue with .pgo files in SR1.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Do you have Publisher.

If yes then I would like to suggest to remove all the files in end user I.e server directry. Take proper back ups and schedule it again.

This will resolve your problem.

If not then go to Application folder there delete .meta, .pgo, and . shared files After taking proper backups and must stop server from services.

Then restart the services.

This will definately help you out.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

OK, thank you, will try.

I want to ask about .tab files, should I also remove them?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Just Keep qvw files if you don't have publisher.

Make sure to take proper backups

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you a lot.

Hope it will help 🙂

Could you please write shortly what's the reason for this behavior or what's a problem with the .meta, .shared, .pgo etc. files?

Thanks.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Milan, we're having this same issue with a client.

It would apparently be corrected in SR2, please get in touch with QT support to report this issue.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

it is corrected in SR2. We have installed 10 SR2 QlikView Server and also set a specific space for virtual memory (because there wasn't) and it seems to be OK.

There was some issue with .pgo files in SR1.

Not applicable
Author

Hi There,

I just did an upgrade for a Client from version 9 SR5 to 10 SR3 and all the CALS were lost.

I've reverted the the VM server back but would like to know how I can get the CALS to persist after the upgrade.

Was the problem really fixed in 10 SR2? Is there a way of backing up the CALS and restoring them after the upgrade?

Thanks

Luke

ps First ever upgrade of Qlikview server...