Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server and QlikView Workbench configuration

Hi Everyone,

I have QlikView Server installed with the license key and controll number. I have also installed Workbench.

But LEF.txt file doesn't show support to Workbench. How can I tell QlikView Server to use Workbench? or// in other words, how and from where I can set the Workbench license in to the QlikView Server, so that I can connect it properly with Visual Studio?

At the moment I can see the QV documents in to the dropdown in workbench project in Visual Studio, but cant see anything in the drop down of Object Type and Object ID. I came to know that I'll need Workbench license to do this. Any help would be highly appreciated. Regards

5 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

As you've correctly identified, (since version 9) QlikView Workbench requires a license for use. You'll need to talk to your account manager to see if you have the license or whether you'll need to purchase it. (Since you can't see Workbench on your QlikView Server LEF, you probably do not have a license.)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Quwork, Yes, I know I have to purchase the special license for Workbench, and by looking at LEF.txt, it is confirmed that my QlikView server doesnt show support to Workbench. I have the license for QlikView server, but not for Workbench.

So, after purchasing the workbench license, how can I tell my licensed QlikView server to support Workbench? or// in other words, how and from where I can set the Workbench license in to the QlikView Server? Regards.

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

We are not using Workbench ourselves, but from what we have seen it is a modue in your QlikView Server license. So, once you've purchased the license, you'll need to update the license on your server (there is an update button on the license tab) and Workbench should appear on your LEF.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Quwok, I have licenses for QV server, that means I can use workbench. Am I right? What should I do to make Workbench appear on my LEF? Do I need to write it manually somwhere? At the moment, it doesnt show support for workbench. Regards.

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Having a QlikView Server license does not necessarily mean that you have a license for Workbench. You'll need to check with your account manager to see if you have a license for workbench.

If you have a Workbench license, it should show on your LEF. And if you have purchased the Workbench license at a later stage, you'll need to update your license on your server. To update your LEFt, simply go to the license tab in your QlikView Management Console and click on the "Update License From Server" button.