cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpietersz
Creator
Creator

QlikView Server and Windows 2008

I've read the treads about Publisher not supporting WIndows Server 2008 core.

But how about QlikView Server? Does this support Windows 2008 core?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Same thing. There is a way to make it work. There is a white paper on the settings required in IIS (if you are using it) to make QV Server work. You can find it on Qlikopedia.

I know it sucks because I had to go through it on my machine. Also note that to register your license key, you will have to first turn User Control off, then restart your machine. Then enter your license key and update your LEF. Finally, turn on User Control and restart your machine again.

The wonders of security, eh, cheers..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Same thing. There is a way to make it work. There is a white paper on the settings required in IIS (if you are using it) to make QV Server work. You can find it on Qlikopedia.

I know it sucks because I had to go through it on my machine. Also note that to register your license key, you will have to first turn User Control off, then restart your machine. Then enter your license key and update your LEF. Finally, turn on User Control and restart your machine again.

The wonders of security, eh, cheers..

dpietersz
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the tip Amir.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Neither QlikView Server nor QlikView Publisher will support Windows Server 2008 server core. They both rely on .net framework and other features not available in server core (R2 of Windows Server 2008 will have some .net functionality but I have not been testing it out quite yet so for the time being it's not officially supported)