Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Virtual Directory problem

Hi all,

I've installed QVS 9 in WinXP. I'm having a error in IIS with the QlikView virtual directory.

The virtual directory is configured to a folder I don't have: C:\Program Files\QlikView Server 9\Web\

I've searched for any folder web in other locations but found none. This way I can't access the default qlikview samples site http://localhost/qlikview

Anyone can help?

Thanks,

GM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you going to use IIS? I recommend using QVHTTP Server on Windows XP, as port-sharing isn't supported in XP (that is, you can't have both IIS and QVHTTP server running on port 80) and AccessPoint will require QVHTTP Server even though you're running IIS. Make sure QlikViewWebServer service is started (you need to stop IIS).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Reese
Employee
Employee

does IIS have multiple web sites? was one chosen to host the qlikview server?

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you going to use IIS? I recommend using QVHTTP Server on Windows XP, as port-sharing isn't supported in XP (that is, you can't have both IIS and QVHTTP server running on port 80) and AccessPoint will require QVHTTP Server even though you're running IIS. Make sure QlikViewWebServer service is started (you need to stop IIS).

Not applicable
Author

back from vacations...

no, IIS only hosts the default web site.

Not applicable
Author

I want to use only IIS to replicate as much as possible our clients environments...

I didn't know that the AccessPoint requires QVHTTP Server... does it really?

Not applicable
Author

I modified QVS installation and installed QVHTTP Server and the web folder was correctly created.

Anyway this is a little diferent from 8.5, since now it is necessary to run AccessPoint trought the QVHTTP Server...