Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Yearly Maintenance

Since when was the version 11 was release?

Quite some time already right? And as someone who is managing licenses and expenses it is somewhat disappointing and feel like "cheated" for few years already by paying for something we don't get any benefit from. Or was there any benefit that we don't know.

The cost is like 20% if I am not mistaken, since there is no update so far, it's like we already bought new set of license (well almost). And we are paying with hope that there will be new release, but there is none. Which rendered our payments wasted at this point in time. There is not even a timeline on when will the new version is going to be released.

Does anyone on yearly maintenance have other view on this? We feel that we should get something out of our payments.

Thank you.

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

The next master-release comes quite soon. At the moment runs already the beta-program for this: QlikView 12 Beta is now available for customers. Since the intial release from QV 11 comes many releases and I'm not absolutely sure but I think the releases from 11 to 11.1 and 11.2 aren't service releases but master-releases.

Further the maintances included not only product updates else support: http://global.qlik.com/de/~/media/Files/info/license-terms-additional/Maintenance-Policy.ashx.

- Marcus

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The maintenance fee allows you access to support and the Services Releases.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is it mandatory to renew the AMC for Qlik? If not, what are the cons of not renewing the same?

Thanks,
Abhi

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

It is only mandatory the first year.

Without a service contract you do not have access to service releases (as in "patches") and support (as in "helpdesk"). It also means you have to pay the full price if a new version gets released.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Onno!

I have some more doubts. I was wondering if you could help me here.

So without AMC I can not update to the latest version of the Qlik.

Will it also affect the connectors I am using from QV Source or I can just renew them for the next year and use them for the existing version of QlikSense?

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

No clue; sorry.

I suggest you start a new topic about it (as not many people will read a topic that is already flagged answered).

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks! Have started a new topic on this.