Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaeldbox
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView architecture recommendation

We need to upgrade our QlikView environment and am looking for recommendations as to the architecture.  Our current configuration is two physical servers each with 1 TB of memory and two Intel Xeon 2.40 GHZ processors with 10 cores each.  Server 1 is running the directory, license, distribution, management, server, and web services.  Server 2 is running the directory, server, and web services only.  Based on this article https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Deployment/Qlikview-Server-and-publisher-services-on-multiple... I was thinking of installing the web service on server 1 (above), server service on server 2 (above), and then adding a VM as server 3 to run the management & distribution services.  This article is 6 years old so I'm not sure how applicable it would be today.  Also, if my thoughts above are recommended, what should the VM configuration look like?  Please note that we are at times having tasks get queued due to only being able to run 9 tasks concurrently.  Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is not really something that can be answered via a Community post as there are a lot of factors that need to be taken into account to be sure the correct architecture is determined.  I would highly recommend you reach out to your account team and have a discussion around your need, they should be able to arrange for a discussion with the Services team or a Partner to assist you with things to be sure you get the correct solution for your current and future use case.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is not really something that can be answered via a Community post as there are a lot of factors that need to be taken into account to be sure the correct architecture is determined.  I would highly recommend you reach out to your account team and have a discussion around your need, they should be able to arrange for a discussion with the Services team or a Partner to assist you with things to be sure you get the correct solution for your current and future use case.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.