Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benoit_david
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView desktop on virtualized PC

Hi all,

I have been asked to deploy a QlikView Desktop on a virtualized workstation (virtualization with VMware Horizon).

I was looking for any limitations / prerequesites regarding this configuration but I haven't find any content yet...

So any feedback / information on this configuration would be very appreciated !

Many thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi David,
this article should add more clarity to the license issue:
https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000002794
So, no... you won't encounter the issue, as long as the host machines are properly licensed.

Have a great day!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi,
I think you can start by looking at this article,  section "QLIKVIEW DESKTOP".
The document is about Citrix, but most of the considerations should apply to any virtual desktop environment.

Cheers.

Daniele

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the virtualization software is good there shouldn't be any limitations - right?

Of course there is one thing that you have to be very aware of - that QlikView is a product that doesn't like to be swapped out or under-commited when it comes to memory. Most QlikView applications are operating in-memory with all the data.

There is sometimes a bad habit for some that do virtualization configuration to assume that most software just accepts very gracefully to be given less memory than what they need. QlikView does not degrade gracefully at all if you "trick" it like this. So be sure to allocate enough memory to the VM and don't allow the VM-software to overcommit.

benoit_david
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the doc Daniele,

...the client will use a standalone QV Desktop for some time so  the licence will not be provided from a server but directly through the desktop IU. In that case would you say that the issue mentionned in the document (exposinng QlikView to more than 2 machines) is still here ? 

benoit_david
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for you advice, I will surely check that memorry is ok.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi David,
this article should add more clarity to the license issue:
https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000002794
So, no... you won't encounter the issue, as long as the host machines are properly licensed.

Have a great day!

benoit_david
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

ok, many thanks Daniele.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Thanks to you!