Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmjason7
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView - migrating bookmarks and changing domain of users from LDAP to AD

Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone has come across this issue, but currently I am trying to migrate from QV11 (authentication done via LDAP) to QV12 (authentication done via Active directory).

I have moved the old .Shared files over to the new QV12 envionment and followed the guide in converting them to the .TShared format: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_Cl...

However since the owners of their bookmarks/shared objects from the existing setup was done via LDAP, the owners of these appear as "LDAP\PersonABC" which means the users cant find their bookmarks/objects.

I could of course go to QMC and do this manually by changing each individual item to their correct owner designation, e.g. "EMEA\PersonABC" or "NAEAST\PersonABC" but as you can imagine this is rather tedious when dealing with thousands of bookmarks/shared items.

Is there a bulk solution to solve this?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello  @hmjason7,

Have a look at the Qlik Support articles "Migrate QlikView Server to another domain " and "How to change Server Object Owner in QlikView using the inbuilt Cleanup Tool ".

If you're not able to complete the migration yourself, suggest you reach out to your Qlik account manager who can assist you in scheduling an engagement with Qlik Consulting Services.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JoshuaSolomon
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, First create a local admin user. Ask all the users to share their objects to the admin user. Make note of the objects sent by each user. Then copy this app and save it as a test app. Then add all AD users to a new app,share the objects to the respective users from the admin user.

Regards,

Joshua.

hmjason7
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That could work, but then this would have to be done for each individual app ... which would be very cumbersome if there are dozens of different qvw's. And also relies on everyone sharing their objects to an admin user.

Is there not a bulk command of sorts that could do this on each .TShared file?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello  @hmjason7,

Have a look at the Qlik Support articles "Migrate QlikView Server to another domain " and "How to change Server Object Owner in QlikView using the inbuilt Cleanup Tool ".

If you're not able to complete the migration yourself, suggest you reach out to your Qlik account manager who can assist you in scheduling an engagement with Qlik Consulting Services.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!